If you believe that the new administration needs to take a new look at patent, trademark, and copyright law so that the US can take full advantage of the power of the Internet and other new technologies, sign up and help ensure the first White House patent and copyright czar does something more than just try to think up new ways to harass teenagers who download music.The cause page then asks members to vote on six suggested czars:
- Larry Lessig
- Mary Bono Mack -- Congresswoman from CA
- Hal Varian -- Google Chief Economist and Berkeley economics professor (currently on leave)
- Gigi Sohn -- President of Public Knowledge, a relatively moderate copyleft group
- Pam Samuelson -- Berkeley law professor and longtime nemesis of copyright owners
- James Boyle -- Duke law professor and Co-Director of Duke's "Center for the Study of the Public Domain"