Sunday, June 20, 2010

Belinda Carlisle's full-service law firm

From page 104 of Belinda Carlisle's excellent new autobiography Lips Unsealed:
Shortly after we [Carlisle and her then-boyfriend, Dodger outfielder Mike Marshall] settled into the Marina del Rey apartment, I was at my lawyer's office and asked one of his assistants if they knew of a coke dealer in the Marina. I needed a connection closer than Hollywood. My lawyer's assistant made a call and gave me a slip of paper with a number on it and said it was okay for me to call.

I went home and it turned out that the dealer lived on the floor directly below mine. I couldn't believe my good fortune...
Anyone know who was Carlisle's lawyer circa 1982-83?

BTW, the book is great -- kind of like The Dirt, only with much cuter band members...

1 comment:

  1. She managed to find cocaine in the LA area? In the early 80s? What a sleuth!

    ReplyDelete

Comments here are moderated. I appreciate substantive comments, whether or not they agree with what I've written. Stay on topic, and be civil. Comments that contain name-calling, personal attacks, or the like will be rejected. If you want to rant about how evil the RIAA and MPAA are, and how entertainment companies' employees and attorneys are bad people, there are plenty of other places for you to go.

 
http://copyrightsandcampaigns.blogspot.com/